Sunday, September 02, 2007

TOPIC: US Open - Day 7: The Moon is in Venus
Rafa Nadal won his last ten games to beat Joey Tsonga in straight sets (mentioned in my earlier post). Venus Williams is leading Serbian tennis hottie Ana Ivanovic 6-4, 2-0 as I type. Venus is playing like she could reach the moon. Ivanovic looks hot, as always. But Ana really isn't playing up to her ability. She seems sluggish in the third game of the second set. Ivanovic needs to attack Williams' serve more. Ivanovic, who is ranked #5 in the world, has the power and accuracy to pressure Venus. From the looks of the match thus far, I'd say Venus will retire Ana in two sets. Even though I like Venus, I'd like to see Ana Ivanovic win. A ranking of number five is not shabby, but she's not a household name either. It's always exciting to see younger, lesser-known players break the ranks and move into grand slam finals.

More to come tonight...

No comments: