Tuesday, November 29, 2005

TOPIC: Pride - Take Two
Yesterday's QOTD was: "Pride is a spiritual cancer: It eats up the very possibilty of love, or contentment, or even common sense." This is so true. When I find myself tooling around in my BMW 3, wearing my Polo baseball cap, Polo shirt, Ralph Lauren jacket and thinking I'm a cool dude (aka a "playa") -- I am reminded that my pride is taking contro of my attitudel. It's at those times when I don't think kindly of those folks driving the "junker" 1980s Cavalier; smoking up my finely tuned German engineered automobile. It's those times that I want to add an AC Schnitzer kit to my already nice looking Bimmer; to heck with the cost and what I could be doing for mankind with five-thousand dollars. It's at those times that I start to loose my common sense. If you don't understand, re-read the last two sentences and REALLY THINK about them.
Yes, pride is a spiritual cancer... and I don't want cancer. So, I'm continually working on changing my diet -- by taking healthy doses of humility and self-evaluation. Love, contentment and even common sense are very important to fight off the cancer of pride. Are YOU eaten up with "cancer"?

No comments: