Monday, September 20, 2004

TOPIC: RATHER Interesting News From CBS
I can't believe what I saw and heard. It should have happened just this way, but I'm truly surprised that it happened at all. Dan Rather looked America in the eye and said, "I'm sorry". Dan Rather admitted his and CBS' huge error in accepting forged documents stating that President Bush (then Lt. Bush of the ANG) was a bad soldier who didn't obey orders.
What is even more incredible is that they found someone willing to publicly take the blame for the forgery. In my opinion, the way Dan Rather handled this situation should have cost him his job. However, I'm not his superior, so that was not my decision. Now, CBS and the Justice Department need to file charges against the forger and make sure he is prosecuted. Just saying "I'm sorry" is not enough -- but it is a good start. If CBS is really intent on seeing justice and truth served, they need to make sure the word is out via all their outlets. They also need to be front and center in the prosecution process. Forging government documents citing AWOL against a sitting President is a very serious matter.

No comments: